The Easy Content Builder app uses sections to create your desired layouts. You can add, reorder, delete, and hide these dynamic sections on every page template. You can further customize the section by editing its Settings.
Each section is made up of blocks that can also be reordered, added, and removed within that section to create an ideal layout of the section itself.
Each template can have multiple sections and each section has a specific variety of blocks that you can add to it.
Add a section
Once you create a template by following the section Creating templates, you should be automatically redirected to the Theme Editor. Here you can start adding a new section to the template you’ve just created.
Note: You can also open the Theme Editor of the specific template from the Easy Content Builder dashboard. Simply go to Shopify admin > Apps > Easy Content Builder > Manage Templates > select the template you want to edit and click Customize.
To create a new section:
- From your Shopify admin, click Apps > Easy Content Builder
- From the Easy Content Builder dashboard, click Manage Templates. Here you can delete a template or find the template that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
- From the theme editor, click + Add Section in the sidebar and either select a new section from the list or use the Search bar to search for a specific term.
Tips: While using the preview inspector, you can also add sections to the template directly from the preview window.
- Click on the new section to edit the blocks within the section.
- Optional: Click and drag the ⋮⋮ icon next to a section to rearrange the sections on your page.
- Click Save.
Now you can start adding content blocks (Please refer to the section Add Block for more details)